Sunday 23 February 2014

Whippet Drawing



It was a fine day in London (at long last), so I took a walk to nearby green, and then had a cup of coffee in a cafe. There was a beautiful dog there so I drew her on the back of a serviette - I was not carrying a sketch pad. I coloured it in with watercolour paint after I got back home.


This is the dog. Her contour looks like it's been drawn with a fine point pen. Her owner told me she's a whippet. With such a short coat, she must get pretty cold in winter.


After painting the dog I started to play around with paint as I realise there was a red in the palette that I hardly ever use (Quin red).




1 comment:

  1. Lovely sketch!
    Whippets are quite popular in Yorkshire so I see them almost every time I walk in the woods or a park.
    Although French bulldogs are still my stars, I quite like whippets for their lean figure.

    ReplyDelete