Tuesday 23 September 2014

A Landscape



A watercolour landscape incorporating water surface and trees, and some warm colours. I have gone over on trees too many times on the left bank, and it looks busy with small brush strokes. Still working to "get there" with the fewest brush strokes. I need to work on perspectives and the base drawing that the watercolour hang on. I find that if the drawing doesn't look right, then it will never look right in the finished product so - really need to get that basics right. I am kind of happy that I see some warm colours in the painting, but again the houses don't exactly look right and they could also have been toned down to more neutral, muted colours in accordance with the right bank. Well well, so so so many things to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment